Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
There are good pubs and then there are great pubs. Named in honour of Livingston’s long mining heritage, The Chain Runner is a great pub because it ticks all the boxes and then some. We’re the family-friendly local that goes the extra mile. Come up to the bar and you’ll find more choice than usual. We do fresh cask ales, guest beers, ciders, a great wine selection, bubbly, spirits, soft drinks, a lovely brew, and good coffee. Open the menu and choose from all-time pub classics, big grills, seriously juicy burgers, and light bites. Carvery is served every day. Bring your appetite; we don’t do things by halves when it comes to roast dinners!
The Chain Runner has that warm, cheerful atmosphere you only get in a popular local pub. Come on in, everyone’s made to feel welcome in our pub. And if the sun’s out, seize the moment and sit in the beer garden. There are two kids’ play areas: one with a slide and climbing outdoors, and another indoors for the under 5s.
Everyone loves a bargain. Stay with us and you’ll definitely get your money’s worth. WiFi and parking are all free for overnight guests. Can’t say fairer than that! The lodge has 27 tastefully furnished, well-appointed rooms. Check in then take a stroll over to the pub, grab a drink at the bar and check out the food menu.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus